Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Leaders Just Wanna Have Fun!

When I spend time with leaders from all walks of life, one thing is glaringly obvious. Many have become so absorbed in their work that they forget that there is a person inside of the leader that needs to come out and play. Also, there is more to life than assignments, deadlines and projects. Leaders need to learn the secret art of BALANCE. Leaders need to have more sex, (yes I said SEX!) listen to music, go to concerts, movies, plays and sport outings that are not business related. People must have an outlet to relieve subtle pressures that builds because of day to day, monotonous task that appears to be free of stress. Yes, the daily routine might be easy, but coupled with a schedule filled with "easy work" one can become mentally tired, which eventually leads to physical, mental, relational and economical breakdowns.

What do you do to relax? Would you like some suggestions and/or do you have any tips as to how one can create ways of stress free living in a very demanding and hectic life? Contact me on this blog with your questions and suggestions. Until next time, "be the change"!


Also, send me any comments you may have on these upcoming topics.


Money Management


Sexual Health


Tips for Leaders


Life after Divorce


How to find a date


Single and Happy


Race Relations

Is there anything you want me to talk about? Let me hear it!


2 comments:

  1. Dr. Malone,
    What a GREAT way to start the Leaders' Blog! Often times we do tend to get so caught up in our daily routines that we really neglect to create a healthy balance between work and play. I'm guilty - and it's so good to know I'm not the only one!

    A great stress reliever for me is at the end of a busy day or long work week (I love my weekends), I either get with a couple of my girlfriends or the crew and we go out for drinks, food, or we have get togethers at someone's home just to relax, enjoy good conversation, unwind and let our hair down! This is so important! Most times this has to be scheduled to make sure we stick to it. But it's so worth it! Other good stress relievers of course are working out, meditation, getting adequate sleep, etc.

    I'm definitely looking forward to your other topics. Again, great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic! I have been guilty of not maintaining a healthy balance in the past. These days I make certain to relax on MY time. I hang out with friends during the week and weekends, but there are times when "I" need alone time. I provide myself with that. I sit in the park and enjoy the nature around me. If I feel like dancing alone, I do so. Even a long candlelit bubble bath with jazz music in the background and a glass of Chardonnay goes a long way. I am very refreshed and relaxed afterwards. So I know it's important to separate from others a bit and pamper myself when I feel the need.

    Can't wait to read your next posting!

    ReplyDelete